Of course: We’re also following the stratospheric jump from the edge of space with our favorite base jumper Felix Baumgartner on our split screens.
However, since we don’t know anything about space, physics and all that other redundant stuff that will determine the outcome of the mission – and hence also the life of Baumes (that’s we call all our ‘tree-strong’ friends) – we keep to our area of expertise and something that’s at least equally important as the jump itself: His outfit!
(1) Baumgartner is wearing white. That’s obviously not really a fall color. We’d rather recommend brown, green and maroon colors.
(2) Baumgartner trägt einen Overall. Great choice. Allover-suits are currently trending a lot.
(3) Baumgartner is showing logos on all his clothes.
Well played. Huge logo prints are popular as hell. Impossible to beat.
(4) Baumgartner is wearing shoes with thick soles. Still very much in fashion. Thick soles kick ass!
(5) Baumgartner is wearing oversized sunglasses with a visor-shape. This one is difficult. On the one hand ALEXANDER MC QUEEN brought a similar model to the market, on the other hand we think it’s butt ugly. We would instead recommend a more athletic pair of OAKLEY shades.
Maybe Baumes reads the style advice on time – and quickly changes his outfit accordingly. That must be doable.
Anyway: good flight, Tiger!
A few seconds after the end of the fashion week in Berlin and the somehow related fashion convention, the press release arrived at the dandy house: ‘BREAD & BUTTER is going to take place in summer 2015′
Currently the BBB-head Karl- Heinz Müller is allowing online votes, about if the convention should take place in summer or not. The ending of the voting does not seem to be too important. His decision has been made.
We could not believe anyway, that the uber-boss Kalle M. is going to set his mind after some voting to decide. We more-so guess, that he is going to try to recreate his honour, after he had to cancel the BBB this january and his GmbH had to announce insolvency.
Müller says about the BBB-combeback: ‘We are working on the concept for july 2015, because we can not solve the challenge that is given in the industry with a conventional convention’
Anita Tillmann, of the competing convention PREMIUM, would agree with him on that for sure, since she once accused him: ‘They are not working on their concept and do not compromise with the needs of the local market.’
The main corner stone of the new BREAD & BUTTER-concept should be the following, according to Müller:
- The location continues to be Berlin-Tempelhof
- An earlier date for the same amount of days happening: Thursday until Saturday, 02. – 04.july 2015
- Clear conceptions of modern clusters of different target groups
- ‘Design & Agents Area’ for sales agencies for different target groups
- ‘Lean Management & Production’, which makes the square-meter price much cheaper
- Clearly defined sectors for invited specialized visitors (B2B)
- Defined ‘Consumer Section’ for marketing activities of the brands & labels (B2C)
- Largely planned evening-happenings like parties, concerts or festivals embedding the brands and sponsors
- Embedding of more brands from the lifestyle section, outside of the fashion industry
Especially the split-up between the B2B – and the B2C-section, the integration of not-fashion brands and the very interesting dates (Thursday until Sunday!) are standing out. We are excited to observe, if the rest of the industry is going to go the same way.
The insolvency-consultant of the BREAD & BUTTER GmbH, Graf Brockdorff, is also carrying the reorientation: ‘For the relaunch, the needed financial support is given through investors.’
That would already be more, then at the last, the failed BREAD & BUTTER.
Welcome Back Kalle!
DANDY DIARY x JOHNNIE WALKER x HARRIS TWEED – Editorial
A few years ago, streetstyle-experts started wearing their jackets or coats around their shoulders, instead of putting their arms through their sleeves. The technical term for that is ‘coat slinging’.
Recently, the german newspaper BUNTE (!) reported about the styling-trend. ‘Coat slinging’ therefore officially became a ‘no-go’. So: dear friends with good taste, please stick your arms in your sleeves from now on.
Because a sleeve without an arm, is like Justin O’Shea without Veronika, like Cara Delevigne without eyebrows: somehow not complete.
In 2008, Scott Schuman (aka: The Sartorialist) has revealed the first case of ‘coat slinging’ on his blog, afterwards an epidemic broke out, from which the fashion-world still has not recovered.
It has been enough: put your jackets on properly again! Otherwise you appear like a gay fashion-journalist from 2010 (who would put his arms into sleeves nowadays)