Of course: We’re also following the stratospheric jump from the edge of space with our favorite base jumper Felix Baumgartner on our split screens.
However, since we don’t know anything about space, physics and all that other redundant stuff that will determine the outcome of the mission – and hence also the life of Baumes (that’s we call all our ‘tree-strong’ friends) – we keep to our area of expertise and something that’s at least equally important as the jump itself: His outfit!
(1) Baumgartner is wearing white. That’s obviously not really a fall color. We’d rather recommend brown, green and maroon colors.
(2) Baumgartner trägt einen Overall. Great choice. Allover-suits are currently trending a lot.
(3) Baumgartner is showing logos on all his clothes.
Well played. Huge logo prints are popular as hell. Impossible to beat.
(4) Baumgartner is wearing shoes with thick soles. Still very much in fashion. Thick soles kick ass!
(5) Baumgartner is wearing oversized sunglasses with a visor-shape. This one is difficult. On the one hand ALEXANDER MC QUEEN brought a similar model to the market, on the other hand we think it’s butt ugly. We would instead recommend a more athletic pair of OAKLEY shades.
Maybe Baumes reads the style advice on time – and quickly changes his outfit accordingly. That must be doable.
Anyway: good flight, Tiger!
Great! New suitcases by SAMSONITE. Thanks, yo!
Dandy of the Week: Daniel Sturridge
A Dandy sees red
After metrosexuality and spornosexuality, is it lumbersexuality going to be in?
Media as The Guardian, The Daily Beast and Buzzfeed presented ‘lumbersexual’ as the ‘next big thing’. Men with enormous beards and bellies in lumber-shirts, in work-boots, with wool-beanies on their heads and a freshly tapped beer in their hand.
But is that really the new trend? Men, who combine checked patterns with checked patterns, and who look like they have chucked some trees in the wood. No, not really. The look has been existing in the gay-scene for years (‘bears’ or ‘cubs’).
Plus we already know about the core-elements of the look (beard, lumber-shirt) from the hipster-scene. The picture (view the photo), which was used to express lumber-sexuality in a photo, has also been used to present the usual example of a hipster to their readers.
The hipster already was an anti-movement to the metro. The man became a man again. Sun-studios, picked eye-browes or shaved chests – all in all a no-go for the hipster. ‘Lumbersexuality’ is therefore no new anti-movement to metrosexuality, as it is celebrated in the media, but simply a continuation of the hipster-movement.
Therefore an old, fat hipster, who is drinking beer the whole day and who is just to distinguish by experts of ‘gay bears’. Therefore: no ‘next big thing’!