Since we were bored recently, we decided to take a stroll to the Bauhaus archive and were hanging out in front of their door.
In contrast to the occasion, we wore two de-conceptualised outfits, which by coincidence looked like the ones lying in the rented Lithuanian Mercedes. David was wearing a T-shirt and jeans by WEEKDAY, shoes by RAF SIMONS x ADIDAS, a jeans-jacket by DIESEL and a vintage-hair-cut from the 90s. I wore a black T-shirt by BOSS (Turkey fake), pants by G-STAR RAW, tennis-socks by H&M, a silk-bomber-jacket by DIESEL, shoes by PALLADIUM (of-course the model, that Brad Pitt is wearing all the time) and sunglasses by LESPECS.
After a few minutes we were chased by the guard and his dog (it was a leashed sheep dog) away from the court. Apparently we did not fit the concept.
We have already announced it: To provide more stability and safety to the important situations in life, we are asking infrequently, experts from our surrounding to give us ultimate tips in their main disciplines, in our new series ‘Dandy Talks’.
Because it is summer and all the girls are simply looking stunning, we are going to start with Philip von Mollenkott, who is a flirt- and dating-expert, a Berlin-Mitte cool cat and last but not least a dandy-6000. Philip is living in Berlin since ten years, and therefore longer than most other people, and seems to know every dark and also shiny place in the city, and already had some dates, some would say.
Whoever met Philip, and even it was only while he ordered a filtered coffee (black, no milk or sugar), knows: the guy knows what he is talking about. Even at his death bed, ‘Phil Luv’, as some call him reverentially, he is probably going to flirt with his female pastor.
And now Philips ten most important dandy-rules, to avoid being a complete loser during a first date with a lady. Read and learn!
- Just date someone, with whom you want to spent the whole evening (and best case scenario the next morning).
- The first date has to be creative and individual. Avoide clichés. If you are a daredevil go to a restaurant, if you are a pansy go to a dirty bar around the corner. Or different: In a star-restaurant you order a beer, in a park you drink a crémant.
- Wear clean shoes and no perfume. Perfumes are for losers, who also go to the gym.
- Flowers never at the first date, they are just distracting. At the second date, a little regard is okay. But please no roses, just if you are planning on marrying that woman – and then better bring a ring with you as well.
- Classic rules: You come five minutes early to the agreed place, she comes 15 minutes late, you open doors (unknown places are entered first by the guy, known places by the woman), hold taxi-doors, you choose the wine, make compliments if they are apropriate (women realise, if you don’t mean it), never look at your cell-phone – and never never let you get caught touching your cell, when she comes back from the toilet
- In case that the date was not for you, make it clear to her in a charming way and end it. She does not feel different. Fairplay!
- You can do everything with women, but bore them.
- What, if you want to get off with her? First: She also wants it, otherwise she would not have come. Nobody is looking for friends while dating. Drink, but don’t drink too much. Let her order champagne and you order two shots, then you share. Two location-swaps (f.e. restaurant, bar, tavern) are helping to build up trust. No stupid games, just be honest and yourself. If you want to kiss her, do it! She will not do it first – and if, she is the wrong one.
- On the day after the date, don’t write her a text-message. Call her, she is going to love it – and you. And of-course there is no three-days-rule and no deferment-luxury. Contact her, if you want to contact her and better do it right-away, as it get’s too late.
- Don’t even dream about deciding, how the evening is going to be. It is always her.
You cant go wrong with a black sneaker that looks like a snubnosed revolver. Our pick of the day Adidas ZX 500 2.0 black snake
A few weeks ago - one recognises easily because of my much darker, much loner and much more felted hair - we had a wild shooting with the photographer Marlen Stahlhuth and her team, in the most beautiful clothes from Herzogaurenach. Of course we wore nothing but ADIDAS (and as mentioned, felted hair).
The complete photo-series is going to be released in August in the ADIDAS ORIGINALS magazine – and we are already excited, to see what we look like. For sure verrrryyy sporty.
For the moment, you (and us! and us!) will have to be pleased with the so-called (ugh!) ‘behind the scenes’-pictures. But maybe that is enough for a quick Five-against-Willy.